Master Orator Championship is a hunt for the best orator in the college circuit of the two states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Nagpur and Raipur cities. The students are sieved through multiple rounds of selection starting from qualifiers to the finale where 10 contestants across colleges deliver 5 to 7 minute speeches that are mentored and evaluated by a panel of experienced Toastmasters.
More Sponsors will be annouced soon....
Date: 22nd July Date: 23rd July
Venue: VVIT College, Nambur Venue: Vignan University
Date: 22nd July Date: 22nd July
Venue: ANITS Venue: PRISM
Date: 23rd July Date: 23rd July
Venue: PSCMR College of Engineering & Technology Venue: KIET
Date: 15th July
Venue: BVRIT College for Women, Nizampet
Date: 16th July Date: 16th July
Venue: G Pullareddy College of Engineering Venue: Vishnu Educational Society
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization, and is a world leader in Communication and Leadership development. There are more than 3.3 lakh members across the world in about 15,400 clubs in 135 countries. The sole mission is to empower individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders, and improve their public speaking skills through experiential learning. With one of the best supportive and positive learning experiences, these Toastmasters see a definite increase in their self-confidence and positive impact on their personal growth.
Toastmasters International has always believed and upheld four crucial values: Integrity, Respect, Service, Excellence
In India as well, Toastmasters has a huge presence. Toastmasters belonging to the regions of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and the city of Nagpur together form the Divisions E, F and H of District 98. With around 60 (corporate, community and college) clubs, it stands with a membership of over 1000 Toastmasters in the fraternity.
Find out more about the happenings in the Toastmasters community of Division E, F and H and District 98,
District 98: http://en.d98tm.in/
Toastmaters International: http://www.toastmasters.org/
About Master Orator Championship:
Master Orator Championship is a hunt for the best orator in the college circuit of the two states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Nagpur and Raipur. The students are sieved through multiple rounds of selection starting from qualifiers to the finale where 10 contestants from across colleges deliver 5 to 7 minute speeches that are mentored and evaluated by a panel of experienced Toastmasters.
Millions of students churned out from colleges every year are not entirely equipped to face the global competition prevailing today in terms of communicative competence. To cater to this need, Master Orator Championship attempts to cultivate and nurture their thirst to excel in oratory skills.
MOC is open to all students with a valid college ID and an enrolment number between the age groups of 18 to 24 years.
Why should you Register?
This contest of MOC will provide you a unique platform to showcase your oratory skills in front of the world. Apart from this, you get to meet with several Toastmasters, who constantly put an effort to improve their communication and leadership skills, and build your own network across the Toastmasters community of AP, Telangana, Nagpur and Raipur, and beyond your college community.
So enroll yourself for this Championship contest at the earliest and show your oratory skills to the world, if you feel that:
The championship is a carefully selected blend of off-stage and on-stage competitions for the contestants where their oratory skills are tested right through the process.
Following is the Filter funnel:
Applications >>> Qualifiers >>> Semi-Finals >>> Finals
The Grand Finale (Crowning Ceremony) is scheduled for 13th Aug, 2017.
The Key Dates:
Applications Open: 25th May, 2017
Applications Close: 10th July, 2017
Qualifiers: 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd July, 2017
Semi Finals: 29th – 30th July, 2017
Finale: 13th August, 2017
The venues for the above contests will be announced in due course.
First Runner Up
a. The title 'Master Orator Champion - 2017'.
a. An Apple Laptop
b. Trophy and Certificate
c. Host of other goodies
a. An iPad
b. Trophy and Certificate
c. Host of other goodies
Submit your query here...
* If there are any failed transactions at the time of registration in meraevents.com, please take a screenshot of your failed transaction, and mail it to us at email@example.com, along with your name, mobile number, college name and student ID.
Catch MOC 2016 participant Asif in action as he promotes Master Orator Championship in Kurnool!
We thank you for utilizing your experience in MOC 2016 as a story to inspire other people!
Here is the team in action promoting MOC at a Press Meet in Hyderabad's Press Club!
Cheer them on!
When a leader works, his team works.
But when a team of leaders work, they make their dream work!!
And this happened in the Toastmasters Division Leadership Summit on 12th of June'17 which recognized and celebrated the work of the leaders of this term.
The occasion witnessed their coming together with the future leaders and the moment was no less than perfect to unveil the poster of MASTER ORATOR CHAMPIONSHIP 2017!
Have a glimpse of that special moment when their dream of launching *MOC Season 2*, came true!
Support pouring in from everywhere. We thank the DCP of Hyderabad Traffic Police Mr. LS Chauhan for his support towards MOC 2017!
Have a look at the team from VVIT Guntur who personally visited several colleges in the area to spread the word about MOC.
We are privileged to have the support of this enthusiastic lot!
A press meet was also organised in Kurnool yesterday to promote MOC.
We thank the Kurnool team for their continued efforts towards making MOC much bigger this year!
Film director, music director, screenwriter, dialogue writer, actor, television presenter and someone who is loved by many. Here is none other than Srinivas Avasarala showing his support towards Master Orator Championship 2017!
Being into speaking and writing himself, he feels that it is of utmost importance to polish these skills for an all-round development.
We extend our sincere thanks to him for the support.
The best ability a speaker can have is expressing the most using the least number of words. Master Orator Championship 2017 brings out a contest for you to test out the same.
Submit your entries for NANOTALE - Short Story - WRITING CONTEST using the mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner has a chance to win a very exciting prize!!
RULES and GUIDELINES:
1. The Nanotale should be under 30 words.
2. There is no set theme. You can pick a topic of your choice for the Nanotale.
3. Please refrain from writing about sex, religion, politics or any other potentially controversial topic.
Don't wait anymore. Get, Set, Write!
Participate in trivia of Toastmasters. One lucky student gets to win amazing goodies!
Stay tuned for the quiz. Like our Facebook page for instant updates!
1. You need to be a registered contestant of MOC 2017.
2. Only your first answer shall be considered.
3. You should answer maximum questions correctly.
4. Result will be published on the Website.
5. Winner will get prizes (surprise !!) at the Grand Finale on Aug 13th, 2017.
Speech Writing Guidelines/Tips
Leverage the information in this document (click here) to draft speeches.
Contact your Mentor (For Semi-Finals & Finals Only)
Toastmasters International suggests that every speaker should have a mentor. Keeping the context inline, the MOC contest team has assigned mentors to each semi-finalist. The mentors will help you enhance your scripts and guide you on your speech delivery. The list of mentors is not declared on the Web site. Please send an email to our MOC Id (email@example.com) with subject line "Need Mentor Details" and our student coordinator will respond to you with contact details/ available timings of your mentors. You are requested to call your mentors only in the time slots provided.
So, what are you waiting for? Send an email, get the details, dial your mentor and take help.
To be eligible to compete in the MOC contest the participant must:
1. Be in the age bracket of 18 - 24.
2. Be a Student of good standing, and belong to a recognized colleges, Universities or Institutions in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Nagpur or Raipur cities with a valid Student ID Card.
3. One should not be a registered toastmaster member of any club in the world in the past and present.
4. MOC Grand Finale winner (Only the Campion) of previous years are not eligible.
1. The participant must reach the venue 30 minutes prior to the start of the event to complete the registration formalities.
2. Every participant must carry a valid Government authorized photo ID proof along with student ID card.
3. Contest room allotment will be done by the MOC management, at the time of registration and is final.
4. Contestants will have to make their own arrangements like food, beverages, accomidation, travel, etc.
5. No food or beverages will be permitted into the contest room.
6. Participant must be seated in her or his respective room at least 15 minutes prior to the contest.
7. Participants who are late to the venue will be disqualified.
8. All mobiles, noise making devices, other electronic gadgets will be collected at the entrance of the contest room and handed over once the contest is concluded.
9. Once the contest begins, none of the participants will be permitted to leave the room till the contest is over.
The Master Orator championship contest will have three levels of contesting
Qualifiers: July 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd
Semi-finals: July 29th, 30th
Finale: August 13th
1. Speech for the Qualifiers level must be between 2 to 3 mins with a message.
2. Speech for Semi-finals and Finals level should be for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. A Speech shall be disqualified if it is less than / greater than the prescribed timing at each level.
4. Speech content needs to be original and authentic.
5. Participants are not permitted to talk about sex, religion and politics in their speech.
6. If at any level of contesting (Qualifiers, Semi-finals or Final) it is determined that a contestant was ineligible to compete at any previous level, the contestant will be disqualified.
7. The winners at each level of contesting will be announced on the website and also intimated to the contestants via an email.
8. Participation with props, audio tape, videotape, webcam, streaming audio, or other remote technology is not permitted at the Qualifiers round.
9. Props and other material are permitted for Semi-finals and Final, however they must be intimated via email at firstname.lastname@example.org one day prior to the Semi-finals / Final. Necessary arrangements for Props and other material shall be arranged by the contestants only.
10. If the finalist from the Qualifiers or Semi-final round cannot compete, the next highest-placed contestant will be contacted for the next level of contest.
11. Contestants are advised to deliver speech without help of any notes.
12. All judges shall be registered members of Toastmasters International ONLY.
Timing of the speeches:
a. Timing will begin with the contestant’s first definite verbal or nonverbal communication with the audience.
b. No signal will be given to the contestant on going over time.
c. In case of Audio System, Power Failure or any other technical failure, the contestant should not stop the speech and shall continue speaking as timing device will not be stopped on these failures
1. Qualifiers Level
Speeches shall be from two to three minutes. A contestant will be disqualified if the speech is less than two minutes or more than three minutes thirty seconds.
a) The green signal will be displayed at two minutes and remain displayed for 30 seconds.
b) The yellow signal will be displayed at two minutes and thirty seconds and remain displayed for 30 seconds.
c) The red signal will be displayed at three minutes and remain displayed until the speech is concluded. Thirty seconds of grace time is given, crossing which the contestant will be disqualified.
2. Semi-finals and Finals Level
Speeches shall be from five to seven minutes. A contestant will be disqualified if the speech is less than five minutes or more than seven minutes and thirty seconds.
a) A green signal will be displayed at five minutes and remain displayed for one minute.
b) A yellow signal will be displayed at six minutes and remain displayed for one minute.
c) A red signal will be displayed at seven minutes and will remain on until the conclusion of the speech. Thirty seconds of grace time is given, crossing which the contestant will be disqualified.